OXFAM RECRUTE (SALAIRE 60.000 DT/ ANS)
Description du poste
un(e) directeur(rice) des operations.
Oxfam is committed to ridding the world of poverty and injustice. We have a conviction that people are capable of building a livelihood without poverty on their own, once given the chance to do so. Which is why we support local projects in developing countries, why we lobby governments and companies to take into account the interests of the poorest people, and why we campaign to involve citizens in our work. We work together with other Oxfam affiliates to increase our impact on development and humanitarian work.
Oxfam’s vision for Tunisia is that citizens, especially women and youth, are active to reduce gender and socio-economic inequalities in a framework of rule of law and an accountable state. The strategy focuses on gender justice, governance of socio-economic policies and civil society space.
Oxfam is looking for an
Objectives of the position
Manage and coordinate the support services of the Country office in such a way that all administrative operations of the Oxfam country office are in compliance with organizational, donors and legal standards/ obligations and to ensure a high-quality support service to the staff.
Type of contract: Fixed term contract
Contract Duration: One year (renewable depending on staff performance and project funding)
Working hours: Full time (40hours/week)
Location: Based in Tunis Internal job grade: C2
Salary & Conditions: According to Oxfam Salary scale and HR policy and conditions in Tunisia (46,000 TND – 60.000 TND Gross Annual Salary)
Reporting line: Country Director
Staff reporting to this position: Financial Administrator, Financial officers, Admin and Logistics Officer Starting date: As soon as possible
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES of the position
- Coordinate the management of finance, procurement, logistics and IT functions to ensure full compliance with and application of the relevant Oxfam and/or donor procurement procedures.
- Develop, implement and improve administrative, logistic, procurement and IT Systems and procedures for the Country office, such as a system for tracking payments and maintaining the original copies.
- Ensure that all services (administration, logistic including vehicle fleet management, procurement and IT) set up at the Country office are in line with corporate policies (HO) and laws of the country’s Government and harmonize with support services set up at other Oxfam affiliates.
- Coordinate the administrative organization of all data on payments, receipts and other mutations in such a way they are in line with accepted international financial standards and comply with Oxfam’s and Governmental relevant laws/polices.
- Proactively work together with the Finance Officers to ensure that all Country office’s business and support services procedures are in line with the head office (HO) standards.
- Proactively work with the Business Development and Funding Coordinator to ensure cost efficiency of the organization, value for money for donors and an effective cost recovery strategy
- Continuously improve the quality of the support services by monitoring approvals, spending and performance of the support functions related with the annual work plan.
- Manage the Oxfam country operations team, and in general be responsible for HR tasks in relation to the team (staff coaching & development, day to day line-management, etc.). This includes having work meetings with business support staff, providing a steer on their respective tasks, team building, being responsible for the recruitment and selection processes for new staff, etc.);
- Responsible for the functioning of operations in the Country office by managing support, administrative and IT staff on a day to day to basis.
- Ensure linking and learning happens between the members of the team and within the organization.
- Actively participate in the Country Senior Management Team
- Ensure adherence to the Oxfam code of conduct, security guidelines and health & safety;
- Ensure adherence and compliance of the country operations to agreed Oxfam policies and management standards;
- Analyse and review the Country office’s compliance with local laws, all leases and manages the Country office’s contract management system to manage other contracts concluded by the Country office.
- Coordinate and ensure the delivery of institutional core business information and input needed from HO.
- As needed and by delegation from the Country Director, represent Oxfam in relevant fora and meetings with stakeholders in relation to the Tunisia country office.
- Support the development and implementation of the security management plan, in line with existing Oxfam policy, protocols and approach.
- Support the gathering of reliable security information, and incident reporting and analysis.
- Support to the Country Director and other senior staff during security incidents.
- Support country management staff in identifying the security learning and development needs of staff.
- Support the day to day implementation of Standard Operating Procedures.
Technical skills, experience and knowledge required for the position Essential
- Relevant university degree and an affinity with international development issues
- At least 7 years of working experience related to finance and business management
- Excellent financial management skills to design and monitor the operational budget
- Excellent computer skills and familiarity with management information systems
- Proven experience in leading teams, people management and creative human resource management as well as change management in complex organizational structures.
- Leadership skills and capacity to think strategically
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills including diplomacy, tact, being able to get on well with others. Strong negotiation skills.
- Excellent team player with networking skills, knowing how to build and maintain relationships with his/her team and with other stakeholders.
- Experience in representing an organization at senior level to civil society organizations, government, donors, etc.
- Very good knowledge of the Tunisia specific context
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, French and Arabic, to motivate, influence and negotiate;
- Commitment to Oxfam’s values and ways of working and to Oxfam’s objectives to promote gender equity and diversity and the interests of marginalized people in all aspects of its actions
- Experience with the NGO /development sector
- Experience with security management
If interested, please send your application (motivation letter in French & curriculum vitae in English) in writing and mentioning the job title “Operations Manager” to
no later than Sunday,15th April 2018
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will have their application acknowledged.
Oxfam is an equal opportunity organization